An Ordinary Share is a unit of ownership interest in a corporation or financial asset. As a shareholder you are entitle to an equal distribution in any profits that are declared in the form of dividends.
To become a member of Eastern Credit Union you must purchase at least one (1) share valued at $5.00. Members are required to make a minimum share contribution of $250 annually.
- Dividends are paid on share savings annually.
- Share savings are covered by insurance.
- In the event of your death, benefits are transferred to your beneficiary.
- Shares are covered by insurance for a maximum benefit of $30,000.00.
- Your shares are your nest egg for the future.
- Your shares are means of security and are used as collateral for loans in times of need.
- Your share savings represent a demonstration of thrift – the ability to manage money wisely and profitably.